GP Lunch Clubs
There is a strong tradition of GP Lunch Clubs being run in the medical education centres at both St Richard’s and Worthing Hospitals. They have proved to be popular with local GPs and facilitate the coming together of primary and secondary care clinicians in a purely educational forum.
The Chichester GP Lunch Clubs are held every Thursday lunchtime between 1.00 – 2.00pm in the Mickerson Hall and are open to GPs and Hospital Doctors. Lectures consist of a short presentation with questions and discussion encouraged. They are free of charge and we strongly encourage GPs to attend and welcome other practice team members.
- 11 May – Management of Osteoporosis and Long Term Complications of Treatment. – Dr Sanj Menon
- 18 May – Painful Hip and Knee Replacements (Part 2) – Mr Madhuy Rao
- 25 May – Research Primary and Secondary Care Working Together – Dr Cate Bell
- 1 June – HALF TERM
- 8 June – Hand and Wrist conditions in Primary Care (and When to Refer) Plus early slot for practical session – Mr Miguel Oliveira
- 15 June – TBC – TBC
- 22 June – TBC – TBC
- 29 June – Jungle Surgery (Kenyan Adventure) and 5 mins on all you need to know about shoulder pain – Mr Simon Cavanagh
The Worthing GP Lunch Club sessions were receiving very poor attendance, hence we are going to trial holding GP Evening Clubs which will be held quarterly in the evening at our medical education centre; they will cover more than one topic per session and include a buffet.
The sessions are free of charge and we strongly encourage GPs to attend and welcome other practice team members too.
- The dates, times and programme are still being confirmed, please check back soon or contact us if you would like to be kept updated